A healthy country school
Copthill School is a thriving, purpose-built, independent day school for 300 boys and girls, aged between 2 and 11. Surrounded by 350 acres of beautiful rural countryside in south Lincolnshire, our unique location in the grounds of the original working farm enables us to offer pupils a wide range of outdoor experiences. Safe access to extensive woods, a river, fields, tracks, farm animals and archaeological sites makes outdoor learning a daily reality for our pupils. Our emphasis is on health, exercise, inspiration and engagement.
Overhead photo - extensive grounds?
Photo - pupils feeding animals – alpaca?
Video? Farm/forest school?
From the small beginnings in 1969 until now, we have not lost the founder’s deeply ingrained commitment to a truly well-rounded education. Combining a traditional education with progressive innovation, Copthill provides a happy, secure and stimulating environment. We aim to raise our pupils’ self esteem by challenging them to achieve success through the following outdoor opportunities.
Add links to the list below.
- outdoor learning sessions linked to the curriculum
- forest school
- sports pitches for rugby, football, cricket, athletics, netball and rounders
- all-weather astro turf pitch for hockey, tennis throughout the year
- adventurous activities for archery, assault courses, climbing, raft building, shooting, team building, bush craft,
- overnight camps
- outdoor cookery
- outdoor clubs - conservation, cross country, environment, gardening
- school farm – hands on experience to learn about how to care for animals and to develop their understanding of food and farming
The school has a proud history of academic achievement, with pupils regularly achieving scholarships and academic awards to both independent and state schools in their final year exams.