- Rated ‘excellent’ in all areas by the Independent Schools Inspectorate (ISI) 2017.
- A non-selective school with a strong academic track record and excellent scholarship results.
- A truly independent primary school providing wonderfully imaginative education.
- A robust approach to developing real character using the outdoors.
- Pupils are prepared for life by instilling in them a joy for learning and an enthusiasm for life.
- Remarkable outdoor learning and sports facilities in beautiful grounds.
- Pupils are prepared for their choice of state or independent secondary schools.
- Busy families are supported throughout the year.
At Copthill we will:
|Put the pupil at the heart of their education, making the education fit the pupil rather than trying to make the pupil fit into a one-size-fits-all system.|
|Care for our pupils as individuals within a supportive family community, learning and growing together; happy pupils learn.|
|Have the highest expectations of our pupils across all areas of their education and development, with flexibility in our approach.|
|Challenge and support our pupils to be confident in recognising their own and each other's strengths and talents across the broad Copthill curriculum.|
|Acknowledge that learning can be difficult and aim to reassure our pupils that making mistakes is part of the process of learning.|
|Work to instil in our pupils the curiosity, excitement, desire and drive to be lifelong learners, seizing every opportunity to pursue their dreams and to write their own success stories at each stage of their journey.|
|Grow pupils as Copthill Learners (responsible citizens, independent explorers, team players, problem solvers, creative thinkers and reflective learners), respecting each other, our environment and ourselves and preparing for the next stage in life, whatever that might be.|
|Create a welcoming, stimulating and happy environment which is friendly, caring and well disciplined, and one in which every pupil is encouraged to achieve and is motivated to succeed.|
|Ensure we place important emphasis on using the outdoor environment to engage and inspire our pupils, to develop their knowledge, skills and attitudes across the curriculum.|
|Develop a broad curriculum emphasising the importance of literacy and numeracy. Well designed to develop lifelong knowledge, skills and attitudes allowing our pupils to become responsible citizens, independent explorers, creative thinkers, problem solvers, team players and reflective learners.|
|Ensure we have an open door policy, providing the foundations for effective communication and cooperation between home and school.|
|Offer excellent preparation for entrance to a wide range of state and independent secondary schools.|
Ethnic and Religious
Copthill School has a broad Christian ethos but is non-denominational, and welcomes pupils of all faiths and none. Copthill celebrates a range of religious festivals throughout the school and there is a balanced Religious Education syllabus, including visits for pupils of all ages, giving them the opportunity to experience different religions and beliefs.